Paultan.org is bringing live streaming coverage for the launching event of PROTON's latest offering, the new Proton Suprima S hatchback. Not sure if there's any live coverage by national TV though.
Summary of what's being offered with Proton Suprima S :
1. 6 airbags, Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD), Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Brake Assist (BA), Traction Control (TC) as standard on both Executive & Premium variants.
2. 17inch sports rim, reverse camera, leather seat & trim, front & rear sensors, auto wipers & headlamps for Premium variant.
3. 1.6L Campro Turbo engine (138hp 205Nm) coupled with 7-speed Protonic CVT transmission
4. Stylish new rear brake lights with CCFL (similar to BMW, Kia Cerato rear lamps).
5. 7 inch touchscreen entertainment system, with android OS. DVD, GPS, Navigation built-in.
4. Pricing from RM76,688 (executive) to RM79,998 (premium).
Don't forget to catch the live streaming courtesy of Paultan.org at 10:15am 17th August (Saturday). The car will be launched by Proton's advisor, Tun Dr Mahathir Mohammad.
|source: lowyat forum|
|source : lowyat forum|
DRB seems to put this model at a Premium price. And only targets around 300units/month. But looking at the price & package offered, I'm pretty sure this car will surpass that target easily. DRB is very serious in bringing up Proton's image, and this is a major test as the first model coming out of Proton's Tanjung Malim factory under DRB management.
Hope things will turn out right.